Wednesday, March 16, 2022

MODX Libraries, Music

A bad night of stomach pain, and overslept due to my alarm, for whatever reason, not working on Wednesdays - so fixed that. This led to a groggy and unproductive morning, struggling to find my routine.

Some jobs completed however. I set up new libraries on the MODX. These collections of sound are really useful for organising, for me as a long term storage of certain sounds which might be used in future. One can just store any 'performance' (sound) in user memory normally, but they go in any order and can't be sorted or arranged (though you could name them). Libraries make this a lot neater but you have a limit of 8 and you can buy or use bonus ones. I've created three; one of basic 'defaults' and tools that I can use to create new sounds; one of Fall in Green sounds, and one one sounds used in my albums - which might be useful if I ever perform them live. The process isn't easy. You can only (idiotically) save ALL of the current sounds to a library, so to make one you have to save everything as a backup, delete what you don't want to include, save the library, then reload the backup and delete the sounds you've just saved out - tedious.

I've also done a few more hours work on the production of these songs. The project is starting to feel tired and I've not even finished it! I need to complete the opening track, which I sketched out today for 30 minutes, then work on arranging it all... and vocal recordings... then the cover. I'm unsure how much art to create. I like to create a lot, a full 8-page CD and more, but this time I might skip this to move onto new art. I'm noticing clichés and similar ideas in my music which I want to break.