Friday, March 25, 2022

More Album Work, Cover Art Starts, Magical Idealism

More album work today, the first draft is just about done at 31 minutes. I started by arranging the 12 vocal layers note by note so that the timing matches for each layer. The overall difference is very small, but it helps improve things that tiny bit.

I started on cover ideas:

The last one reminds me a bit of punk/Goth bands like Bauhaus. The subject of the album is somewhat post-apocalyptic, and even punk-like at times, but also orchestral-like. This look sort of matches, but I will keep experimenting with alternatives. I decided to cross two existing album covers as an experiment, so this is part Man Machine by Kraftwerk, and part Transformer by Lou Reed.

In other news, Deb has been researching Loving Lou Salome, the play and book by Italian writer, Stefano Santachiara which we aim to perform in Summer. A version has been performed in Italy and Paris, so our new and unique version will be a British premiere.

I've had stomach pain all day and felt generally very sleepy today. For me, productivity is happiness, so I must strive for this. I'm still full of ideas. I must somehow quantify my ideas on the anti-entropic nature of life, and how order and logic are the goals of life and the keys to success in nature generally. Perhaps this could be a future album. I read today about the German Romantic poet Novalis and his ideas of Magical Idealism; perhaps a surrealist rock concept album is an ideal vehicle for this.