Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Ukraine Benefit

A great night last night at the Ukraine Benefit event organised by John Lindley and friends. Deb and I performed as Fall in Green, among 20 or so acts of poetry and music. About a third of the acts were musical. The night raised £1138 for the Disasters and Emegencies Special Appeal for Ukraine.

Andy Stubbs there was particularly full of rock energy. I loved playing rock organ with John Lindley's band, The Poachers. I played on tracks Grindhouse, and Bryan Ferry's Let's Stick Together - both a very easy plasy as they use the same three chords.

This was my first public outing of my new synth. A joy for me; a much lighter keyboard to carry and set up, and not needing to set up the amplifiers and mixer, which was handled by John Miller. Lovely to meet so many friends in this, still rare, performance event. This is our first of 2022 and we remain cautious about attening public events due to Covid. We were the only ones there wearing masks; Deb resolutely and professionally, and myself more intermittantly.

Arrived home hungry (I hardly ate yesterday evening) and awoke, and had a regular eye exam.

I'm still full of musical ideas, though tired of the hard work of all of it. I must work to complete this album.