Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Marius Singing, Remembrance Finalising

A night of stomach and bowel twitches and sleepless pain. Such nights feel like a 9-hour boxing match and all blows hit my abdomen. This made the morning lethargic, and for the first time since my new routine, I failed to get up at 8am.

Despite this, the day was reasonably productive, though not as much as I would like. I've decided to re-examine the Marius Fate album and experimentally look into remastering it and/or re-recording some parts, such as new vocals and new guitars where appropriate. This is my oldest album with vocals, and though it's less than 3 years old, I am a far better singer now than then; and the Burn of God re-recording indicated that the workload and cost of this is relatively small for a transformative result.

I spent today re-recording the vocals, and managed to sing almost all of the album twice, though I was somewhat foolish for doing so in the afternoon as well as morning, when rest would have been more advisable. My throat isn't sore as much as aching; the muscles on each side warm with exercise. This made me think that the advantage of a regular music performer is regular exercise and thus training.

I have new distance glasses which are instantly beneficial.

I've also finalised the music for Remembrance Service, and just about decided on the second, red/turquoise, cover. The title will generally be Remembrance Service in the charts and in official places, the full title is too long, but that full title will be on the cover and be the technically correct one.

I will soon prepare that for release, and then consider the next creative project. I have no gallery, no record company, no manager, market, fan base, or commissioner, so my goals are theoretically arbitrary, but no; I have some actual jobs. I, we, must at some point at work on the Salomé project, and could easily work on things for new festivals. For pure art, however, I must push myself further in some direction. I don't know what the theme or what that direction should be yet.