Friday, July 07, 2023

A.I. and Celebrity Vocals, Hydroxy-Chloroquinine-Aspartame, Light Progress

A good day today, woke early and recorded a few lines for 'A.I. and Celebrity', then an attempt at Hydroxy-Chloroquinine-Aspartame, which is nigh on impossible to sing, thus joyous to try.

Then more work on the lights, drawing out the sides and cutting these from 3mm board, gluing these up, then cutting bolt-holes for the legs. I'm near the end of this mammoth project, then I can charge into art (though next week will involve SFXEngine, and preparation for ArtSwarm: Tea).

Finally, some vocoder recording for possible extra layers on A.I. and Hydroxy. I've had an idea for a new vocoder algorithm which uses higher order low and high pass filters, with possible separate input/output frequency ranges. As it's used primarily (exclusively?) with voices, it makes sense to focus the frequencies on the voice area. This would be 4 times slower than my current algorithm, which is already slow, already needs 16 or 32 band-pass filters. I suspect than even this fancy computer couldn't manage it it real-time, yet the sound might be good (and certainly unique). I love vocoders as much as I despise 'vocal pitch-correction'. The Microkorg sounds so good compared to even the fancy 2022 edition MODX.