Sunday, July 09, 2023

Where Is Love Pianos, ArtSwarm Plans

More music work today and yesterday, slow and steady days. Much of yesterday was spent adding more music layers to 'Where is Love?'; an electric piano solo at the end, and some organ sounds which are 'infinitely looped' with a Prometheus trick. It sounds rather nice, rich, warm, like the organs in 'Whiter Shade of Pale'. I also completed the end parts for the light fittings.

The lights are nearly complete. I need to make the legs, and wire 3 light fittings, but that can wait.

I need to finish more artwork, this interminable album. New albums! I am making slow progress. I need vocals for Fake Plastic Lies and Aspartame. With those tracks I'll have 45 minutes of album, a standard length. It's broadly stuck to plan, though it feels rather normal and staid... a mix of tracks, a dozen or so. I'm trying to unify them musically and reinforce the story and scenes. The initial idea of a three tone unifying thema has barely materialised, except upon analysis of tracks like 'Where is Love?' when compared with the Robot Guard song and P-L-Astic.

Aspartame is proving difficult. It's nigh on impossible to sing because the melody was generated by computer dice rolls. There are octave jumps and a melody which is too random to easily follow. Perhaps I'll need to sight-read it.

Another job done today was framing the two portraits for Bickerton. Perhaps I should paint more, but I feel a little artistically lost, uncertain. There are too many possibilities. I am musing on new directions.

This week I'll work on an SFXEngine update, and my piece for ArtSwarm: Tea. Unless I get 15 attendees, it will be the last ArtSwarm. These events are more work than pleasure and always were. Elton John, in one of my recently watched documentaries, said that artists should play live, 'even if only to 20 people'. Of my 100 or so performances, very few have reached the dizzy heights of 20. I know that I could host an ArtSwarm every month for my entire life and still not attract more people. The main benefits are the creation of new work, and the experience of playing live, but aside from the physical work and promotion, each costs me more money than I can afford.