Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Tired Day, MODX, Reface DX

An exhausting day, probably due to the lack of food and stomach pain yesterday combined with a frenetic torrent of jobs. Today I've looked at the album a little, and worked on the MODX music stand.

The main work done has been a refinement of new MODX sounds for the Fall in Green performance. This took a few hours for the minor tweaks. This takes hours due to the exceptionally badly designed interface. I keep toying with writing to Yamaha with suggestions but I know it would be useless. Their Reface DX is an amazing sounding and playing synth, but utterly crippled by having 32 presets that can't be easily saved or loaded externally. It makes a toy of what could a professional instrument - I find this frustrating and depressing!

I feel too weak today to think. I must rest and refocus.