Tuesday, August 22, 2023

AI And Celebrity Single, Monumental Mural

A busy day. I've decided to release a single in advance of the album, so today created a 3:30 single edit of AI and Celebrity, and added the unused tune Hydroxychloroquinine Aspartame as a 'B-Side'. It's a perfect song for this. I made it for the album but it didn't fit into the concept, and I'm unlikley to do much with it elsewhere. I've quickly made up a cover image.

At 12pm I had a meeting with Janey and David Jewkes about the Crewe mural. It's a large scale project, a painting of 15x2.5M but I'm enthused and excited by its prospects. The primary limitation is that a specific palette of stark, pastel-like colours must be used. No shades, no red for example. David and I agree that white on the dark background would be optimal. I've sketched out a few ideas. This monumental project (in every sense) will be planned quickly and painted in a week in September. I will need big brushes.