Wednesday, August 09, 2023

We Robot Sheet Music Day 4

A full and exhausting day scoring the We Robot music. I'm reminded how much work this is, and why I haven't done it with all of my albums (not that I had the ability before). I've finished My Baby's Non-Binary, Fake Plastic Lies, Life As A Robot Guard, P-L-Astic, Android Heaven, I Think You Love Me and Silicon-Carbon Genesis. They varied hugely in the workload and time. Non-Binary and Fake took most of the day. Android Heaven surprisingly long, and Silicon surprisingly short.

I can't really speed this up. One goal is to include the parts that are important or useful; everything has to be done manually. Very rarely everything in a song is scored, if ever. Only the very simplest piano-solo tracks could include that. I wonder why I do this, but the documentation is part of the job of music publisher. Perhaps nobody will ever care or read these scores, but, in my meticulous way, I want to preserve them. One reason is because it's the fundamental drive of living things to organise and store information accurately; so this task is, by this philosophy, in harmony with nature, and so certain to be beneficial.

There are some useful and instant practical applications. I've spotted two mistakes in the lyrics, and this sheet music will be needed for future performances.

Two tracks to go, then I'll start on the Fall in Green Testing The Delicates scores. I must also find time to proof/preview the music itself, then submit for an October release.