Monday, August 07, 2023

We Robot Sheet Music Day 1

Working on the We Robot sheet music today. Many of these tracks will take a long time, particularly the meandering piano improvisations. We Are The Damaged may have taken me 10 minutes to play for the song, but has taken over 4 hours to transcribe, even using my helper tools. The synth solo in the middle was recorded in one take live on the Microkorg, so has no MIDI data or anything except the resulting wav. This would not be easy to transcribe for a human (or an AI - I suspect that AI would, in fact, struggle with this task). I wonder if the wild improvisations by Roxy Music on their albums were scored by the publisher?

Three tracks of 16 done in draft now. This job, this transcription into this ancient medium, will take all week I think.