Sunday, August 20, 2023

Jelly, Argus v1.26, Playlists, Old and New Albums

An unpleasant night of endless bowel, stomach, leg twitches, nightmares, and all-over shivers which persisted throughout the day. I felt like an invisible man made of jelly!

But I fought on and started with some programming changes to Argus. The software can randomly distribute numbers for (for example) the starting location of objects; say any place between -1 and +1, for 10 snowflakes. Now, this in practice looks remarkably odd, too 'random' for human liking. The results are often skewed or bunched up, too asymmetrical. I thought it might be better to always pick at least one -1, one +1, and the others should be averaged around the middle point. So I programmed this in, but, after all of it, wasn't sure if I should use it. I'll need to think. One reason not to is that actor numbers and frame numbers work well if the same number isn't repeated in a row, and the new system made such checks awkward.

I then started to create a new video for Flight Over Rust City, but it looked rather odd, and I found two or three of strange bugs in Argus, which needed correcting. All of this took me until 4pm or so! A full day for so little to show.

I also created a few Spotify Playlists with my songs, and others. This was valuable as it gave me a new perspective on my music. In particular I could see which albums and tracks were good enough, and which needed a complete overhaul. I realised that I've come a long way since The Dusty Mirror, a mere 3 years ago, 2020; but I've released 14 albums since then, upgraded Prometheus countless times, and learned and improved at each step, each month. I feel ready and able to, finally, record professional quality songs. I always new the other albums were training. My method is to learn by doing, and monitor to improve.

Then I scheduled a few lyric pages for the We Robot songs.

I'm now eager to do everything... new videos for the new album, remastering old ones... sheet music for old ones. So much to do. And I have the new mural to design, and a new London exhibition in the pipeline. Once again, I need clones to help me.

As the day wore on, my shivers retreated and I've grown back to just-about normal. I'm ready to focus again, and enter the week with a zen-like attitude for efficiency. Onward we march, our faces to the bronze sky. It is sunset, or sunrise?