Thursday, August 10, 2023

We Robot Archiving

Lots more work on We Robot today. The final sheet music was completed. Surprisingly, the music to Someone Else's AI was easier to score than Mothmoon.

Mothmoon is very hard to score exactly as it's all an arpeggio preset from the MODX. For historical reference this is a modification of the preset 'Inauguration' with MC_70s Rock arpeggio on 1st Woodwind and none on flute, among other changes. The vocals were improvised over the top too, so also difficult to score, and I've lost the MIDI sequence for the electric piano playing at the start (if I ever had one, I may have just played it live as an audio recording instead).

Rather than score the darts of notes I've scored the chords, which may help more anyway as those are the notes held when playing.

Then, lots of more admin work. A final proof of the music. Android Heaven needed extending by 2 seconds as it didn't fade completely. Then submitting it all for distribution and an October 27th release, preparing the sheet music for release on itch, and burning the CD Archive Copy. Filing the sequences and the sheet music, and noting frame sizes for each track for future videos. The next stage is making the Spotify Canvas animations. After that, all of the basic filing is done, and I can think about promotion.

I must also start to score another album. With each release, I score one old one too. I've managed quite a few already, since deciding to do this, considering how much work it is. 8 albums or EPs now have scores, 25 remain to do. This work is hard and grinding, but isn't all work. Oh for more time to make new and better art. I'm ready to move on, but I also enjoy this tidying, neatening activity.