Wednesday, August 16, 2023

SFXEngine, Videos, Mural

Science musings aside, a full day that started with recording a new video and the subsequent editing for the SFXEngine update. By 1pm this was complete.

I then started work on a new 'cycle video' for YouTube, for The Laughing Cavalier. These were originally simple translations of the Spotify Canvases, updated in scale for YouTube, but it's not difficult to add a little more to them, and actually easier to create a full video rather than a short loop. This one involved my first use of attached modulators on the fly in the animation. It made it a bit simple (a bit...) to make the objects move around, so I added a few cycles to the characters. I also discovered a few bugs in Argus as a result, so fixed those.

I've been contacted about the protracted mural for Crewe council, and offered a 'shared wall' but I'm unsure what this means. I'm happy to work within constraints. All art, all commissions in particular are nothing but working within constraints. My plan is for a Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper, a Resurrection, Cookham, a Guernica; something large and complex in oils. They said that they plan on repainting the wall in a year... my first thought is that my painting will take a year. My normal, small paintings tend to take me a year. I'm unsure what they mean, but will accept the constraints as I discover them and do my best. So far, after 4+ years, I still don't know where the work is to be or even the very basic terms, size, materials, timing.

I have lots of possible jobs next. I need to record the lyric reading videos for We Robot, and the Canvases and Cycle Videos for that. I also need to complete the sheet music for Testing The Delicates. My obligations to complete one 'old' album for this new one is complete with Arcangel, but that was too easy and too short for my liking. I also need to re-record the piano parts for a re-recording of Cycles.