Wednesday, April 19, 2023

DIY

Despite my curmudgeonlyness, today was a good day, tiring for the right reasons, with lots of physical work of drilling four immense 60mm D10 holes in a brick wall to fit a steel wall bracket. As ever, some were so hard it took all of my strength to drill one, some medium, and some crumbled to a fine brick powder and later required an injection of filler-plaster. All would resolutely not fit the gigantic screws (even if the rawl plugs did fit), and required an emergency search of the pile of old and various screws that many households accumulate (I probably wouldn't - if I had, or when I hope and dream of having, a household. I'd sort the screws in neatly labelled caches).

A similar day beckons tomorrow, with probable wall painting. No art for the time being, just exercise.