Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Polishing

A tedious day, adding tiny amounts of paint to Love is Dead and Sappho to smooth the paint, an interminable task. The result certainly looks better, but still not as good as I would like... but nothing is perfect. I'm only glazing today because of this competition deadline. Ideally I'd wait at laast 2 weeks between layers, to give the former full time to dry. As it happened, the surface was fine and no damage was done, but solvents at this stage, or any rough rubbing would have harmed the underlayer.

I've been notified that Meals of Warm Spring hasn't been selected for the next stage of the Borchard. The only plus side is that it could have been worse, being selected for the next stage then being rejected would be costly. Costs are a constant problem for me now.