Friday, April 21, 2023

Steam Keys, Frames, Piano Lessons End

A day largely of recovery few a few busy days. I started by disabling some game keys for review copies of games where a review did not appear. This is a scourge of Steam. At least 95% of all review requests result in no review. Some simply due to a lack of bothering to play, an understandable lack of time and incentive by journalists, but most key requests are fraudulently obtained with an intent to play for free and/or sell the keys. After a certain time I now disable those, so a lot of today was spent looking for reviews and disabling keys if none are found. I've sent about 500 keys out for my games (Flatspace and Radioactive the majority) and I've noticed only one review of Flatspace, one of Future Snooker, and one of Future Pool by the same writer.

Then, some unpacking and preparation of some new frames for Bickerton paintings, and preparation of the panels. I hope to paint these quickly next month.

Some sad news yesterday in that my piano student Peter has concluded his lessons. I taught what I could. With piano (or any instrument), most students have little incentive to play and will often not practice and only really play and exercise during their lesson. Without a deadline and an incentive, learning falters. I've learned a lot about teaching, and a little about playing the piano too, and each lesson but the first was fully sound recorded, giving some sort of historical record of the time.

I felt inspired though, that it was time I recorded some of my simple piano sonatas, the ones I wrote for the ArtsFest and the special projection event at the Sandbach Red Door Gallery. Perhaps it's time I wrote a piano concerto. But, sigh, I need time, money, peace, security for such things, as with all art. For now, I must paint for the open competitions and exhibitions I intend to enter.

I listened to some of my old music today too and created a first Spotify playlist. How much better the later music is than the earlier, and the 'early' music is only about 6 years old! I can do much better now. Oh to remake and polish some older works, and oh for more time and resources to do so!