Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Frans Hals Finalised, Sappho, Gums

Spent the morning finalising the edit for the Frans Hals video. I was unhappy with the flow of things in one small section and it took a long time to get right. I then uploaded it and set the premiere. Here are some stills:

Then back to Sappho, version 2 (or 3, if you count the 10-year-old study). I amended the drawing to conform to the new plasticine model, redrew the figure, and prepared a canvas. While doing this I listened to episode 3 of Beethoven's life story via the Radio 3 website.

My gums have started to bleed alarmingly and I keep getting stabs of ache in my right ear, so I've spent time caring for my mouth today. I think that the recent increase in sugar in my diet has caused this. I must take extra care here as I have no dentist and no prospect of finding one. There are almost no NHS dentist spaces nearby (the nearest is, was, 2 years ago, 3 miles away, a long walk even if they still had spaces), and private dentists require a monthly payment plan before they'll even see you, so it's 18th century style self-care for me.