Friday, April 28, 2023

SFXEngine, Sappho Photography

A second day of SFXEngine updates. I think one more day is needed to finalise the programming changes, irrespective of the manual, artwork, recompiling the plugins and other things like that. I now have four jobs: SFXEngine, two exhibition/competition applications, and to think about some sort of workshop or art talk.

From 4pm onwards I meticulously photographed Song of Sappho but the resulting image totally lacks yellows. Until now I've been using daylight white balancing, and daylight with daylight bulbs, but this appears to be inadequate and the results have a very strong blue cast. Unfortunately the process takes hours and is difficult to check at the time. This blue cast also strongly affected Hand of Destiny from last year. I may spend a day rephotographing these. So much work to make tiny improvements.