Saturday, June 27, 2020

Alien Slave Dream and Scotland Loss Dream

Many epic dreams on the hot night of semi-sleep.

In one I was slave. Earth has been taken over by aliens who were intent on destroying all humans, using humanity as slaves while the process took place. The aliens took human form, but perhaps slightly larger in size than us slaves. I think they had to take human form but they didn't like the idea and found human bodies crude or unpleasant. I was the servant of one alien, some sort of military officer who eyed me with suspicion. He looked like the actor Marc Alaimo as he looked in the Deep Space Nine era. He sensed I was trying to escape. In conversation, I tried to convince him to live as partners with humanity, using the argument that empires which seek only to conquer and destroy don't last. He wasn't convinced. I was passed to another alien for a time, a dark haired woman who was more kind to the slaves. I think I suggested that we have sex. She was unsure, and when naked became afraid of the idea.

Meanwhile I had made contact with a group of other slaves who wanted to escape. Generally each alien had one human slave as a manservant so we often passed each other and could talk if were were discrete. A group of us planned an escape and I and a female slave who could drive left in a simple car, something like Sam's silver car in the film Brazil. We went round a huge ring road that surrounded 'The City' the industrial domain of the aliens where I worked, but we missed the turning away to the main road and ended up passing half way, at which point we realised the one-way road went backwards. We became anxious that we were spotted but fortunately the road was empty. The car seemed to be failing or chugging along. We drove back into the city after a complete loop, my master saw me enter the checkpoint at the entrance/exit and eyed me with suspicion, but I had an excuse in mind as slaves were allowed out to do shopping or other tasks. We drove into a dead-end alleyway, an area a bit like a covert garage which provided fuel and oil, and other supplies like food, from a machine. The machine was provided by some sort of charity and it had a jar for donations attached to it. We took a few buckets of petrol (literally filling the car with buckets) and met the car's owner, another slave, who said that the car needed oil, that was its mechanical problem.

I think that was the end of this. I wonder if this is some battle of logic and emotions, or something to do with forcing creativity. Perhaps the dream had a message that conquest can't or won't work, but that was only part of the dream. Who are the aliens? This might even have been related to hay fever which was noticeable in the night.

An earlier dream had an equally complex narrative. A man lived on an island off the south coast of England. A female acquaintance moves in with him on a temporary bases while her female friend, a children's illustrator who she lives with, goes to Scotland for a job or retreat. The man and woman don't get along at first, he is used to living alone, but over time they fall in love. They become concerned that they've not heard anything from the illustrator, and I think a second companion (a friend of either the man or woman) also left to explore Scotland and has also not been heard from. The couple decided to leave for Scotland and find out what happened to their friends.