Monday, June 22, 2020

Moments Of Terror, Glass Dolphins

I awoke late after a rather unpleasant and sleepless night, I'm usually upset by Father's Day. In the night I remembered something I read, that the Roman Gods were invented because the people were selfish and savage. Perhaps a secular society always has this selfishness problem, and a god will solve this (or perhaps patriotism, but even that is moribund these days). Perhaps a new god for an atheist world can be developed, a figure that everyone can 'believe in' and unite behind while, at the same time, knowing that it is not 'real' in any physical sense, only made 'real' by the belief, and so devoid of superstitions and persecutions; if it is beneficial there is no need to ever proselytize, people who 'believe' will feel the benefits. I must, one day, develop this new religion.

A productive day. I worked on the 'The Fingers of Evil' production, experimenting with various ways to boost the impact of the 'Who is right now?' section. I recorded a simple piano part leading up to it too. Everything must be dramatic and drama is a matter of contrast.

Then I made a short film focused on a glass ornament. The most interesting part is the glow effect. To get a powerful blur in video the most efficient option is to shrink the image them grow it again. The gaussian resize in AVISynth does an amazing blur, massive, in a very short time using this method.

I've decided to try and make release a film of some sort every weekday for the next couple of weeks. This blur effect has already been one new discovery of this.

For tonight's video I recorded a short film of me singing the first verse to a song called Moments of Terror When Falling Asleep. It's an interesting song, very experimental and different, and thus, exciting. It will probably be part of Pyjama My Warehouse. I only say probably because my plan is to create more music than is needed so that I can select the best tracks.