Sunday, June 21, 2020

Bubbletown Dream

I slept for 11 hours. A good night of creativity dreams.

At one point I had superpowers, having stolen them from an alien who looked a bit like the Pokemon Pikachu, and I managed to fly and climb the rigging of a tall ship to escape him/it. The power seemed related to Harry Potter somehow, and a hat (perhaps due to my cornuthaum, which some compare to 'something from Harry Potter' - though the hat in my dream seemed to be more like a gold helmet). It was very much a light hearted atmosphere, as the alien was a friend and I'd stolen his item in a joking way. Everything was yellow and golden, the sky, and everything glowed, perhaps as though in a computer game.

I was now dressed as Superman, flying over an alien rocky valley to help people, being chased by the real Superman, who wanted his outfit back. I began to view the scene from afar, no longer was I this super character, and he was now a black man, perhaps an echo of the War Machine character in the Iron Man films.

There were other things I dreamed of too; making a rainbow from plasticine, the yellow in particular, using the material like paint to fill in an area. Deb was with me, painting her own rainbow, using more conventional colours or materials. She thought my choice of plasticine was bizarre or wrong. I said that one can use a solvent to smooth it out if needed. I was not concerned that I was using only one colour, it felt right to do so.

Another scene. I was late for a train, due to depart at 14:40, I think. I was unsure of the time and kept thinking that I'd either missed the train, or that I was on time. There were only a few people in this strange railway station, perhaps due the Covid-19 measures. Having initially panicked that I had certainly missed the train, I was now sure that I was in time, a few minutes early, but then noticed that the clock seemed to be the exact time on my ticket. I ran around in a panic, trying to find the train and platform. There were only 6 or 8 platforms, but none seemed to have my train. The last one was taped off and deserted, yet I was sure that this was my platform. There was a new area for replacement buses, where a small crowd gathered, but even that didn't seem like mine. I urgently asked a member of the station staff and they seemed to think that I hadn't missed my train and that I should calm down, but they couldn't find my train either.

Then, I was on a train, making tea or living there. There were almost no passengers, just the occasional passer-through, and it suddenly became a huge modern building with light yellow walls. Almost nobody was there, just me and one or two other people who acted like maintenance workers, like a skeleton staff. I think one of the others was Paul Challoner from my school/college days. An attractive woman was there too, one of the occasional visitors. She wanted to go for a walk with Paul Challoner and I volunteered too.

We walked to B&Q in Crewe. The car park contained metal street lights which were sparking, each with a huge orange spark all around them, curling from top to floor. The sparks were silent and rather gentle, almost like aurora, perhaps like Jacob's Ladder Transformer sparks, but we still thought that this was rather dangerous. Men in hard-hats were there, examining the problem of this loose electricity. They said that it was caused by gas under the car park and I seemed to know that there was a cavern full of gas there, released by lots of dead bodies from an ancient village of people who used to live there.

Then, the BBC had made a drama series set in Crewe and I was watching it on television with someone else (my mother? Deb?). There were images of the town centre and the old library, and there was a river there, next to the library. The place looked really nice, clean and better than I thought it actually was. I kept commenting at the new, surprise locations which I didn't know about. There was some parts of Municipal Square that had little bridges over the square ponds, and these were bubbling due to the underground gas. The person watching television with me commented that this was bubbletown.