Monday, June 08, 2020

Grayson Electric Dream and The Arm

I slept for a long time, dreaming of Grayson Perry and a strange electrical disturbance caused by a rotating, electric auto-pointing miniature watercolour paint brush. This device shorted out every electrical object in the large, hall-like, room which was filled with people doing things. Everything electrical seemed to be coming alive, and full of sparks in a dangerous way, but it calmed down after a while. We switched on the television to see if the whole world was affected but it didn't see to be. In an earlier part of the dream, I was a teenage boy in school, or playing one in a TV drama. In the street the drama continued, and Deb was with me. I noted that many characters, four, had one eye or right eye problems (glasses, strange yellow eyes without pupils, injuries). I talked to a man about wood carving. He showed me some light-wood carvings over a piece of walnut wood which he was proud of, but the walnut wasn't particularly beautifully grained and I told him so. Later, in Grayson Perry's house, I observed some beautiful walnut on his ceiling, as I lay on my back on a table and propelled it backwards by kicking in the hall-sized room.

I awoke with a song idea fully formed, a song sung by an amputated arm in a country-drawl style a bit like The Beatles' 'Rocky Raccoon'. These ideas are probably influenced by the recent David Lynch films.