Thursday, December 10, 2020

Singing, Admin, Brexit

30 minutes of good singing training, managed a tentative high C#. My voice seems stronger in these higher registers than lower. This is probably the maximum I can train in one day without causing soreness or strain, and that soreness tends to only be apparent a few hours later. I will limit myself to 30 minutes at most.

I spent two hours or so adding tedious details to all of my song and album details in Distrokid; song writers, performers etc. I'm, still lacking performer details for about half of them, but writing details, producer and links should all be correct. For over 10 years I've wanted 'sequencer' or 'software' or even 'soft-synth' as instrument options, but there are still none, so I credit myself as playing 'synthesizer'. Technically, even my 1999 album Arcangel was not me playing a synthesizer; it was sequenced.

Then a walk, with some slight video recordings, and more email tidying. Feels like something of a lost day so far. Must strive to make progress on the Sisyphus project (ironic that it seems to be taking forever) and the Jabberwocky video.

The awfulness of Brexit looms over the country. I read today that, this year, it has cost the British economy over £200 billion, very close to the sum total of all money paid into the EU since Britain joined in the 1970s. It seems that those who have wasted or stolen this money will escape without penalty. The stupidity and short-sightedness of our leaders and those who support them staggers me, but then, being any citizen of above average ability is a lesson in acceptance of powerlessness. I do not associate with them or their vision and do not feel in any way British or, even less so, English. I feel European, Celtic, perhaps an ancient Saxon, but never like this breed of lazy, greedy, unskilled, mercantile nationalist; who, in the Russian way, can only better themselves with deception and theft. I feel stateless.