Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The Year Closes

In the night I designed the perfect psychological experiment to detect and measure racist and sexist bias. I hypothesize that racism and sexism are inherent parts of being human and that trying to avoid or deny these impulses can make matters worse. This experiment will prove or disprove this, or at least be a way to measure this bias. I must document the methodology.

A good day today. Completed a good 30 minutes of vocal training, certianly my best vocal work to date. There seems to be some sort of cut off point or mode that puts a wall up at high G, when at other times I can stretch to A, A#, B and C with relative ease. Perhaps this is tension, I can't be sure, it feels like some sort of dead end in a maze, that can, at other times, be circumvented. Anyway, today's results were very good. Oh that I could train for longer but the situation here makes that nearly impossible. Oh for a house of freedom and peace where Deborah and I can live.

I completed my entry for the Cheshire Prize for Literature and have sorted computer files for the end of year, tidying, neatening. I perform an annual backup (well, several) on Dec 31st, this takes all day, and now I'm starting to prepare it a day earlier.

Onwards we roll our rock.