Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Brighton Rock, and Tycho Brahe Rock

A full and exhausting day. Didn't sleep much, burning with energy. The day has felt tired, even exhausting, but full of joy and hot lust for life.

I started by creating a new Tron Choir and Kraftwerk style bass sound for our Congleton performance of 'Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man' in November, it will be a dark electronica version with Gothic chords. I worked out parts of the song, and made a dub version of the Franz Hals song; that is now complete apart from vocals.

I started to watch Brighton Rock, which I'd never seen, then started work on the Tycho Brahe song, spending a lot of time crafting the bass and drums. This is one key thing that is new in my work now, each note of the song is made to fit the song at that point. Then I started to played the guitars for this. It's a heavy rock/blues song in the mould of 'Fat Bottomed Girls' or 'We Will Rock You'. Experimenting with guitar options and repeated playing of different parts took several hours. I'm reminded that playing guitar is a very physical experience.

I also assembled the final print-ready artwork for Salome, it would be good to order CD copies before November, then I watched the end of Brighton Rock, with an unexpected tear at the end, the brilliant touch of the damaged record. It reminded me of Arturo in my Beautiful Death novel.