Monday, October 10, 2022

Concert, Lou Finalising

A rather lovely concert event last night, and my donation drawing for the Worleston Fate, the original Sisyphus artwork, was instead donate to the Mid-Cheshire Hospitals Trust raffle, the charity that last night was in aid of. I sold a three books and two Fall in Green CDs and the atmosphere was all friendly, relaxed, warm, as well as artistic. The hotel décor is terrible, abysmal landscape prints designed to neutralise emotion, the art equivalent of purely functional architecture. It was inspiring to imagine God Being Killed there, or any other painting of mine, dominating the room, cathedralising the space.

I'm inspired again. How I ache to create new things, better things, for the sake of creating these better things, self-improvement, the vital job of humanity improvement! In these moods I want to create everything simultaneously. How small my old works are, how inferior compared to the joyous and wonderful works within my potential, and how frustrating not to realise them, to have no guidance but my whims, and no incentive but love and those whims, plus, of course, the certain eternal glory I know lies waiting. Eternal glory does me, today, as much good as it did Vermeer. In this mood everything I invent is brilliant for a few minutes, then discarded, tarnished by a yet-more-brilliant idea. These emotions must give way to intellectual rigour and mechanical process.

I have spent today on the final mixing of the Lou Salomé album. Deb came round in the morning to record the vocals for 'The Flower of Farewell', and work on the liner notes. Both are now complete and the project is nearly at its end.