Sunday, October 16, 2022

Music Prodding

A long day of prodding at various songs and fragments. I've got about 4 album project ideas; an EP about 17th century Dutch painters, a Marius Fate cyberpunk concept album, a dark Gothic album in the mould of Nightfood, and a collection of surrealist rock songs which are full of fun an energy.

Today I've revisited Girl Reading a Letter from the Dutch painters album; I've already recorded the tune without words a few years ago, but the pitch is odd to sing (this was way before I sang anything) and always seems to elude me. I've also looked at the Franz Hals song and one about Tycho Brahe, plus a start of a fast rock song called Rat People from the rock album. All have been unsatisfying, but each much better than they were his morning.

I feel tired, overwhelmed, and a dark and Gothic myself; perhaps that album, the only one I've not started musically, would be the best to choose. Choices choices.