Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Lou and Sampling

I burned the first test CD of Lou Salome last night and listened to the whole thing. There were a couple of slight changes, mainly to the fianl track, The Flower of Farewell, plus some changes needed to the artwork and liner notes. These were done today, then some more sampling of MODX waves, making things better, ready for the next project.

In the night I had an idea for a song about Tony Visconti. I imagined him wanting to perform himself, be a rock star, but no, was always confined to the producer (and bassist!) role, so I imagined him singing a song called Always the Bridesmaid, Never the Bride. Maybe I should record this! There's always a conflict between doing something fun, spontaneous, and full of energy, or slow, 'new', serious, experimental.