Friday, October 14, 2022

Video Edits, Salome Complete

Despite excuses, Stefano paid me for the video edit, which was something of a surprise. Today I awoke to a huge list of changes to the edit, which are expected in any creative job, and as I expected this time, they were messy and sent in a random order as thoughts occur over about 10 emails, often starting 'and one last thing...' - well; one set of changes was anticipated and completed despite taking a day of work, far longer than the original edit. Still, part of a new job is know how it is to work with someone (in this case, I expected it to be nightmarish), as well as gaining the experience of working on this new type of video.

I listened to the full Salome album last night in detail, it was excellent, something a new path. I hope that all of my (and our!) future music has this depth of emotion. Deborah's words and performance are wonderful. Only the first track needed a few changes, which were slight. I think the album is complete, but I'll listen again (and again and again). I created the CD-surface artwork today. I think that the creative aspect of this project is now complete.

I the night I wrote a few songs that were more like poems. I was imagining something of a cross between the Salome music and Gothic rock, strong on wild imagery.

It's the Ty Pawb private view tonight. This can be a celebration of the end of the Salome music; at least this stage of it, as time goes on, each project has more and more processes and work. To think that The Spiral Staircase was written and recorded in 10-days, and that that was about 5 days longer than any other album at the time. Now, the paperwork alone can take 5 days, and one music video (which I never used to make) 10-days or more.

Onwards to glory.