Saturday, October 08, 2022

Food Prodding

A slow day. I started by checking the dance remix of Dream Sequence ('Dream Sequencer'), then preparing the artwork, books, and signage for the small pop-up stall at Crewe Hall tomorrow evening. What should be the aim of these events? There will be a few people there, this is hardly a market-sale event; perhaps a 'showcase' of my artwork, but I've not made much recently, not enough. Oh to clear the decks, to have space to create more!

I'll bring all of my books, a few CDs, even greetings cards, in the hope of some money. It will, I expect, be hardly be enough for the time and work expended; yet, isn't that art? Would van Gogh or Vermeer partake in a pop-up stall? Vermeer was a bit of an art dealer, so I can imagine him doing so, yes. I'll show the original God Being Killed frame with print #1.

After that I finalised the Spotify Canvas animations, and made a tiny upgrade to Argus to fix a bug in there, then more looking at the album art. As a process, it feels like an unispired child prodding at his dinner with a fork. I need something new, an overlap for the tail of this project. I find music so emotionally unsatisfying compared to painting, but painting is so self-absorbed when I have nowhere to show my work, nothing to do with it but hold it until I die. I love painting, but it has almost become a tool for self-mastery, when I feel I am master enough. Can I make music which is as transparent, complex, intelligent, and impactful as painting?