Monday, October 31, 2022

Archive Complete, Beethoven Musings

Finalised the music archiving today, nearly 50 CDs burned and recorded, and updated the official Cornutopia Music Catalogue document, so after 3 intense days, things are a little more stable. I'm a little more free. Today I sent off the new 32-bit remasters of The End And The Beginning, and new (but just about the same) archive versions of Gunstorm. It's amazing to think that those great albums are now 15 years old. We won't be doing anything with them. The original CD sold so few, if any, so I wanted to share it at little at least, to keep it alive. How fragile the life of music is. How thin our artistic ice.

I'm making these backups as an attempt to future-proof my music in these ephemeral times. My next step, this week, is to create more sheet music of my work, with an aim to publish everything correctly at some point. This is a huge task, more work than the creative recording process itself. I'll work for a week, the occasional track or song here and there, the occasional album, but keep producing new music, new art too. I think of Beethoven, his writing, correcting. In later life he produced less and less music, but perhaps he was also mired in this sort of daily administration work, piano lessons, bills, correspondence, his silent diary to the cold and silent world.