Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Admin, Flatspace IIk v1.06

A few things done today. Made my paintings the main entry point and front page on my website, and looked into ways of using Fictive to create interactive books. It would be great if this could be a widely used tool for authors, but how to do this?

I spent most of the day updating Flatspace IIk and getting it working and compiled under Steam on this new PC; I'd not even installed Steam or run any of my games so far, so I was relieved that it worked first time. I've fixed lots of small errors with the help of Code Analysis, perhaps 20 or so small bugs, but mainly made the program load in-game music as needed rather than loading all of the tracks upon startup. This allows the addition of much more in-game music, up to 100 tracks, without any extra memory burden.

It would be good if I could add more DLC, and not necessarily music. It's easy enough. Part of me thinks that I could revive the project, this, my most successful game.

Music admin is being delayed. I was persuaded to submit a track to a dodgy looking website and apart from it barely working, and now being unable to either progress or delete my account, I'm now swamped with music promotion spam. I wonder if big pop stars get assailed by this sort of rubbish? Perhaps. 'All I can do is block' is a good title for a song.

Onwards I roll my rock. Onwards I charge. Onwards I stoicly crawl through the harsh winter of this world.