Monday, February 20, 2023

Music Admin, ArtSwarm

A tiring, dispiriting day. Lots of work done on the music admin side, listing the album with various music and licencing authorities, preparing for the Golden Age release on my Bandcamp page. This work generally takes a day. Each site needs track titles, lengths, ISRC codes, studio personnel and lots of things like that, a great deal of form filling in the hope of future royalties. I've had only 2p in royalties from PPL in 15 years, but I want to do things correctly.

In the afternoon I started on some video idents for the live ArtSwarm events, though I feel in two minds about all of ArtSwarm. I don't really enjoy them, and was only frustrated at the last event with my brief and poor performance (though I have made notes on how to improve). I have a new album coming up, but no opportunity to perform that, merely showcase pointless rubbish akin to the Kenny Everett characters or Muppet Acts, but with no audience, and losing money in the process.

I used Argus for this animation, thus making it the first 1920x1080 resolution animation for ArtSwarm, and I used FFMpeg to assemble the frames, so even on this low day, I've learned something new, even if it's only for my own benefit. I must try to regain some spirit. This lung-burning infection and my general weakness is not helping my mood today.

But, I've kept working. Each day I will do the best I can. I think of suicide constantly, as my Sisyphus says, but death is too much admin work to contemplate seriously. My living works must be taken care of, and then there are still new things to create. It's clear that my works have got, and are still getting, better and better over time. Oh for some security and the chance to actually work on them. These days are as worryful as Rembrandt's. I must work harder at everything.