Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Golden Admin, Argus Frame Rates

The album is now being processed and set for release on April 14th, available for re-order on March 3rd. I've spent some of today working on admin; preparing the sheet music release, making the CD archive copy, filing the album artwork as an image to make it available via RedBubble, and other things. There is more to do once the compositions are registered, and I need to make some videos. I've never had an album art sale via RedBubble, which, somewhat ironically, makes the art on there my rarest and most collectable. I've sold a small number of non-music related clothing designs there.

I've also updated Argus. It does an odd thing, look at this:

// Start
    currenttime=timeGetTime();
// This is called every frame
    if (currenttime-gamerefreshtime>=fliptime)
    {
        gamerefreshtime=currenttime;
        ...     }

This should create a situation where the instructions in the bracket operate at 'fliptime' millisecs, so for 30 frames per second, and 33.333ms, the animation will play at the correct speed (ignore floats and remainders, I have dealt with that but not shown that bit). Yet, I need to use fliptime=25, on both my old PC and this 4x faster new one, to play at 30 frames per second. This same 75% ratio applies to 24 and 25 frames per second too. Most odd.

The coding is a bit of a distraction. I want to make Spotify videos and a few other 'basic' videos for promotion but the work seems to be endless for crumbs, crumbs from the food of hope and the manna of art, a sentiment matched in the music. Life is no better for artists than it was in Rembrandt's or Vermeer's or van Gogh's time, though we now have mre artists than ever. This time is, or was, a new Golden Age for art. 2023 feels like a Rampjaar.