Friday, February 24, 2023

Radioactive v1.14

A slower day than yesterday, starting with filing all of yesterday's work. I've updated Radioactive a version today, the only important change is making the Desktop resolution the default for the game, but lots of small bugs have been addressed (bugs that are only a problem if things go wrong, such as start-up files not being found, no keyboard or mouse detected etc.)

I've remade the speech audio using SayIt for a classic 1980s/1990s style of spoken audio and created a demo version where one can watch the computer play, as a technical test for those worried about compatibility. I've also explored increasing my prices. Future Snooker/Pool/Radioactive were all $11.99 at launch, later reduced to $8.99, but my cut at $8.99 can be under $1, and the cost of living has increased since. Around the world, some prices are 50% higher in USD than before. I'll wait until after the next major sale and increase prices.

I've had to create a Steam Demo product, and have lots of admin on that front. I won't actually update the game for users for a few weeks to avoid a pile of announcements all at the same time.