Saturday, February 18, 2023

Break, and Box Preparations

A day in Chester, then Market Drayton. Not productive, but relatively restful, and a chance to catch up with the ever delightful and eloquent David Lawton.

Today, a vast pile of jobs await me. I have contracted a cold and feel weak and sore, but this morning Deb's been the camera operator for a series of lyric videos - all new retakes. I've got to grips with FFmpeg but almost no codecs will play in Media Player or on my projector, only XVid, but one is all I need. It's an ArtSwarm Live performance today. I'd rather cancel the event given my poor health and the exhausting amount of physical work involved with these dates, but these events are fun, and some good performance ideas are planned, from a new interpretation of Hendrix Foxy Lady (so new, the words AND the music are different), a box quiz and a song and video by Andrew.

I aim to film all of the acts for the first time, so from now on all ArtSwarm Live events will be video events too. Far more people will see them online than in real life. The bigger audience will incentivise everyone, but most importantly, performance art means nothing without being recorded. I've made typed notes on every show I've taken part in, back down to the MASH events, but video is better. I have, though, had less time to prepare and am out of practise with the organisation and promotion aspect. Plus, participation is low and the hall is now more expensive.