Sunday, June 18, 2023

Music Work

My dreams are of anxiety, at one point missing a bus, and unable to contact or find Deb.

A tedious, long day of intimate and time-consuming work on My Baby's Non Binary and We Are The Damaged. Many takes and guitar experiments with the former, perhaps I need a set of recordings of the guitar with different settings so I can pick the one that fits the timbre best. Then some vocoder recording. This desperately needs vocals but I can't sing here, especially not on a Sunday when surrounded by enemies!

Then work on We Are The Damaged, a surprise Microkorg solo rather than a blues guitar. It was recorded live in one take as audio rather than MIDI, and in stereo with delays, so no hope of editing, but it is expressive and perhaps this method is best for this track anyway.

It's too hot, too humid. The thunder is now coming.

A rehearsal day tomorrow for our Midsummer Frolic at Congleton Library: