Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Solstice Preparations, Fence Sawing, Argus Text

Another exhausting day. Started by recording the vocals for My Baby's Non-Binary, and We Are The Damaged (or whatever it will be called), then lots of physical work sawing up six old fences into small pieces for throwing away. I found this remarkably tiring, but the heat and allergies of the season are probably contributing factors.

Then work on Argus, updating the system to accept text from a file rather than it being hard-coded. This involves changes to just about every icon, text-box, and label, although the code can be taken from Prometheus and SFXEngine, which both use that system. One of the joyous aspects of Argus is that it didn't! It became a real pain to use an external text file for a program that only I use and that will only ever be in English - but, alas, in preparation for a future Steam release (which may one day be multi-lingual), and the need for unity between these shared programs means that it's better to do this tedious and exacting work at some point.

My 4pm I had a raging headache and couldn't go on any longer, but most of the text conversion work is now complete.

Just in time for rehearsal of four songs that I was sent this afternoon. These will be performed tomorrow morning, so not much time to look at them. I'd like to do a better job than I can manage. This evening I must pack the equipment for a 7am start tomorrow.

I feel like Batman during the first act of Knightfall.

On we crawl.