Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Crewe Library Party

A good day at the Crewe Library Winter Party event. Lovely to see many friends, and we had a quick pre-show photograph from the press photographer Peter Robinson who was kind enough to take lots of photos:

Deb opened with readings from Tolstoy:

Then the open mic poetry followed by the music performances. David Fray, the Poacher's mandolin player, injured his finger a day or two ago so was unable to play (as bandaged in the top photo!).

We rounded the afternoon off with a group rendition of Feast of Stephen by Mike Heron, performed by Mike, A.K.A. Mick Dick of the Forrest Dick band.

It was a lovely day, but tiring, with lots of carrying and lifting, and perhaps insufficient food. I felt weak at the end of it all. One of my amps was very volatile, with violent cracking when just touching a cable. One of these (probably this one, I didn't risk it) is also very noisy when turning the volume knob. I need to get it serviced when I can afford to - or I may try myself. We raised over £100, with 4 sales of Deb's book going to the LATH total. Exact total to follow.