Friday, December 08, 2023

Snow Business Launch Day, MODX Audio

A somewhat slow day of administration of the launch of Snow Business, which was officially released at 9am. Social media posts were made to promote it and an email sent to those on my list. Short videos of Christmas Smells were posted on various sites and the premiere of the Lyric Video went live at 7pm.

I also discovered that I can stream separate Audio waves on the MODX as part of the Live Set option. This is a great feature, as I play to backing tracks quite often. The feature is useful, but almost seems like an afterthought, it isn't possible to vary the volume of that track, only all tracks, and then the settings are forgotten when the unit is switched off. Still, this is a huge help, as it now avoids the need for using the Zoom H4 as an external playback device. Increasing amounts of all live play are done on this one keyboard - which is fantastic.

The SFXEngine upgrades are as complete as they can be from my part, I now need to wait for Valve/Steam to approve and make the appropriate changes.

Tomorrow I'm on duty in the Macc Art Lounge, then must prepare for the two live music events of the week.