Sunday, December 17, 2023

Cycles III Video, Completely Wrong Spotify Strike

A nice gamer night last night with Simon, H, and Aff. Our third of the year.

Today, steady work on the Cycles videos, completing the small Spotify canvases. Most of the productive day was spent working on the Cycles III video. Initially it involved simple lights, but I wanted to add more and looked at the old butterfly footage I filmed a few years ago for this. It didn't look clean enough, and I wondered if I should use digital butterflies instead. After some experiments, I simply swapped the glowing blue lights of the lead piano melody for butterflies, and the results looked pretty good:

Now, however, I am annoyed! I've received an extremely patronising message from Distrokid, more of a dressing down, for a 'Spotify strike' because one of my songs (one of the old songs recorded with Tor) has been detected on an 'artificial' stream or some such nonsense, and implies that I've paid for this! This is ridiculous! I have never and will never pay for streams on a streaming service. I know, of course, the stupidity of fake streams, and didn't need telling about this even before there was a policy about it. Rather than allowing any sort of appeals process, the messages simply imply guilt and give no recourse to respond, or permit any action. All I can do is click some sort of stupid 'I did it' button (a forced lie!). This is so unjust! Nothing to do with me or anything I've done. My only act is to message my distributor's customer support and state that this is a mistake.

After months of relentless SFXEngine attacks, I'm now faced with attacks on my music. What can I do? I must sigh and try my best.