Thursday, December 21, 2023

Mike At The Mic Stand, 20th Flatspace Year, Strikes

A lovely and memorable performance 'From The Mic Stand' for Artistic Echoes last night. This is a live-streamed video from a small flat, a 'boutique' film studio. I performed 6 We Robot tracks, then had a brief interview with artist and presenter Mike Chisholm:

I really enjoyed it. The live film element reminded me of my radio days, and I loved this more than a normal performance in many ways. I couldn't have done it without Deborah's help, but the night was made more special when Cherie and David rang the buzzer at 8:30 to join us for the broadcast.

The stream is, at time of writing, visible on the Facebook Artistic Echoes page. I write this with a sense of the vastness of time, and perhaps the hope that in the centuries to come, the stream will still be there, but who can say - will these words outlast Facebook? Will Facebook outlast these words?

I've felt really achey and exhausted today; yesterday was hard work. I lost my glove in Macc, and had a disturbing nightmare where a beautiful dawn witnessed by Deborah and myself turned out to be a nuclear explosion which then obliterated us all. I awoke to the sad news that Deb will be working for all of Christmas Eve, with a short break from 10am on Christmas Day, then back to work on Boxing Day.

Today started with a health check, actually part of a survey into the nation's health:

Basic health checks of height, weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, confirmed what I suspected: I am (physically) 'normal', which itself seems to be a little abnormal these days.

Then some festive visits to friends, appropriately initalled J and C.

Today is also the 20th anniversary of the release of the first Flatspace game (I remember that stressful day well, and the two instant sales it unexpectedly generated), and the first day of the Steam Winter Sale, so I announced these facts, and the new sale. This admin took up most of today's computer time.

I was informed that the Snow Business library event has had a story published about it:

And, finally, a reply from Distrokid support about the Spotify 'strikes'. I'm still amazed that the artists are punished for 'fake' streams over which we have no control. I was advised to seek 'Listener' playlists which looked suspicious. My song didn't appear in any Listener playlist, and I don't know what a 'suspicious playlist' looks like, so I asked for clarification, and again for my unjust strike to be revoked.