Monday, December 04, 2023

We Robot CDs, CD Images, More Snow Business

An amazingly busy couple of days of computer admin, but I took time out with Deb to do some (also essential) Christmas shopping yesterday.

First! The We Robot CDs have arrived and look amazing. These are some of the best looking albums I've had made so far, and y first song albums with full lyrics in the booklet:

These will be launched on Bandcamp shortly, this week. This inspired me to look at CD images, and I decided to scan and display all of my current CDs in a fixed format, so for We Robot, these look like this:

I did this yesterday and today for most of the CDs in my collection. It's a bit of overkill to do it for the obscure ones that I (probably) have the only copies for, but I will probably do that too one day. Here, for example, is the original Arcangel CD cover, and the first (2000-era) edition of Synaesthesia, which only ever existed on self-burned Verbatim CD-R discs:

This reminded me how my CDs have evolved over the years. The Spiral Staircase had 3 different CD editions. At some recent point I re-catalogued and documented these versions, so at least that part is done.

After that job, I started to burn a few copies of Snow Business for friends and family. My mother has ordered five copies but needs them on CD. This job is quite time consuming in itself, and took me all morning. I then compiled artists' packs of the album, so that the other artists can do this too, should they want or need to.

This afternoon, I started by repairing Deb's heating system, which turned out to be a technical problem within my capabilities, so that's good. The day is flying by. I had hoped to finish the outstanding jobs before today, but they may take until Wednesday. Next, I must complete the preparations for Cycles & Shadows 2024, then complete the scores for the Salomé book.

Then I need to update SFXEngine with a whole new sales and update system, and hopefully all before Saturday. Onward!