Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Grandfather Vocals, Chronicles of Neorenaissance

A sleepless night due to stomach pain, sometimes my body seems to treat certain foods as enemies. Woke late and recorded the vocals to The Great Grandfather's Song, and some of the final layers to the Kyrie from Burn of God. It feels so good to repeat the same phrase over and over, this is excellent strength and technique training.

Then, I finalised the basic production for Grandfather, though I might need to add more, and finalised the basic guitars for God Infinity, this is now in the state it was with the original version, but with new guitars, all good.

I also released some more sound effects, and made a complete list of the 1000+ sequences and the plugins these use, with the aim of deleting redundant ones and updating older ones in files. Some plugins are used in 100+ songs, and these will ideally need replacing - I can work with them and replace as I use these old ones, but I prefer neatness and newness for everything. I also researched panning algorithms.

The Crewe Chronicle gave me some nice coverage regarding the Neorenaissance exhibition today:

Music remains my focus, my skills are now up to speed and I'm keen to create more art, but I have other ideas too. I've confirmed participation in Art Fair Cheshire in Macclesfield Town Hall this May/June, and may exhibit more art in the Macc Art Lounge. I'd like to write more books this year too.

The Neorenaissance book order is due at the end of the week, so next week will mean a trip to the museum to drop those off. Crewe Council, after nearly two months and three emails still haven't paid us for the Fall in Green poem and performance.

Heart of Snow is now complete musically. I need to complete the artwork and Spotify Canvases, but this won't be released until Christmas 2022. Several of these songs; Away From Her Manger, Otesanek, could be Christmas number one. They could be, they should be, but won't be unless fairies and genies intervene.