Saturday, January 08, 2022

Neorenaissance Book

A full day of work on the Neorenaissance book. Here is the cover so far...

This is closer to the poster image, after I thought it would be a good idea to put all of the contributing poets on the cover. I wasn't going to add my name, although technically I have written one poem in there, but my name fitted better. I might divide the lines up and format each separately.

I also realised that I'd forgotten to include The Monstrance of Life, so did this in the book, but oddly there is no poem for this even though there is one for Three Evil Forms, which will be exhibited in the cabinet next to it! There are two sculptures in the exhibition, originally there to indicate the creation process... but, oddly, the paintings which use those sculptures are not in the exhibition. I can't recall why this is, although most of the models used for the paintings on show were made from plasticine, so don't exist. At least I'm including a few photos of the Penalties model.

All day has been spent formatting the book. Some of the captions needed two lines, so I needed to resize all of the images again, and I reformatted Sue's stills from The Spiral Staircase. I added a new appendix, a list of works - this just fits on two pages. Next, I'd like to include more drawings or some sort of creativity to the images themselves, and perhaps more text. There are a few blank pages.