Monday, January 31, 2022

Snow Photographs

Spent the morning listening and tweaking Burn of God. The bass-cut on the reverbs have really helped my mixes in the past two years. I think the album is generally complete.

Then, work on the Heart of Snow art. I wanted a photo of myself, so decided on a black and white look and have taken a few photos.

I also investigated some strange results from powf, when using negative numbers, but I had a head-slap moment when I realised that negative square roots is the domain of imaginary numbers, so all is well. My Casio calculator simply (and incorrectly) inverted the answer, which is the cause of my confusion, I couldn't work out why it worked there but not in my code.

The sound effect rollout is done. 1st of Feb tomorrow, it will be a busy month and week, as ever.