Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Bickerton Portraits, A.I., SFXEngine

Two steadier if slow days, spent drawing and transferring two film-star portraits for the Bickerton exhibition. I started the day full of ideas, particularly for songs and wrote several words. The hard part is arranging them into a coherent structure.

In the morning, I wrote a song called 'Someone Else's A.I.' as I mused on the fact that more and more people are using A.I. to generate or augment art, and the injustice that the programmer of the A.I. deserves a credit for this, if not the intelligence itself. So much work is expected to be done for free or given for free now. It's also an annoying injustice that American law, particularly regarding copyrights, is applied worldwide on websites. Wikipedia for example frequently uses 'fair use' as an excuse for sharing copyrighted material for free - the (ironically unfair) concept only exists in American law.

I wrote some words for Caged Animal in the afternoon but work was slow and inefficient. I updated SFXEngine another version, to v1.24, adding the recent changes refined by work on Prometheus.

I remain full of energy. Too anxious for my meagre production rate; too barraged by ideas.