Friday, August 02, 2024

A Drive Through The Town Release, Kratos 2

A dream of a trip to the moon in a rocket, with my mother and brother. It's a special event, a prize or unique reward. We have the silver rocket to ourselves. I can remember lining up to acquire the travel documents. It was to happen on Friday, which in my mind was tomorrow, not today.

Today it's the release of 'A Drive Through The Town', my most pop-like, and best produced album to date. About half of the day was taken up with the technicalities of release, sharing links, updating the website, making basic announcements. I'm pleased with it, and hope and aim to update and re-record older albums, and make newer ones, which I'll strive to be better as well as different. I wish I had the money for a CD verison of Drive, and indeed wish that I could sell any copies at all.

For the other half of the day, I decided to re-paint Kratos, a second version. I want the size to be 50cm or less, and the doors of the artwork need taking into account, so really I needed to make it smaller. I wasn't happy with some aspects of the first version either, so decided to work on a smaller version today. I drew it out and prepared a 20x20cm panel. My new 'Frameculator' software allowed me to instantly see how big the external frame would be.

The Beatle City production is complete after 4 or 5 full days spread over 2 weeks, which is typical to produce a song.