Saturday, August 24, 2024

Wardrobe Repair, Art Photography Day 1

Started the day by dismantling my wardrobe drawer, gluing the base and clamping it. Then marking and drilling the holes for the Kratos frame hinges. I drilled to pilot holes first, which is vital for accuracy.

Then painting the holes black and gluing in the rivnuts, followed by more paint to touch up areas and a final gloss glaze to the doors. Overall, oil paint stuck to the metal best, better than enamel, but it took far too long to dry.

In the afternoon, the main job of the day of art photography of 7 paintings. Most of the job is taking out and then putting back the lights, tripods, photography bed, camera, aluminium tracks. This took two hours overall.

Then fitting new drawer runners to the wardrobe. By this time I was exhausted.

Then to the computer to check the photographs. Only then did I realise that I'd forgotten to set the white balance to manual. I had performed a manual white balance, but the setting itself wasn't active. This stupid mistake means that the bulk of today's work was for nothing. I'll have to re-photograph everything tomorrow.

I'm too tired to move but can't afford to rest. Tomorrow I will begin again.