Monday, August 12, 2024

Noise Station v1.22, Kratos Sculpture

A slow day. I'm wrestling to become focused. I started with work on the Kratos doors. There are a few ways to fit the hinges, the doors need to open widely, and have enough room for bolt tops when the doors are closed. I've cleaned up the hinge areas with a blow torch, to remove the many soldered parts.

Then I decided to update Noise Station to v1.22. For years, the icons didn't fit a Windows 10/11 (or even Vista or 8!) screen, so I fixed that. It hadn't been compiled on Visual Studio 2022, so the main motivation for the update was to do that, as file conversion of C++ projects from more recent versions of Visual Studio is more reliable. It could do with more updates, more to the GUI (more tracks, wider time display, graphs for the modulators would be nice), 24-bit/FLOAT export... but I have no incentive to do them.

Then work on the Kratos sculpture, some finishing work with new DAS clay. And finally, repairing the leaking shower unit by fitting a new part.

Overall a slow and unsatisfying day in a slow and unsatisfying August so far. I must do more. Life is short.